1970 Fiat 500L
The Fiat 500’s traces its ancestry back to the immortal, prewar “topolino” (Mickey Mouse in Italian) and catered to the same market of cost conscious, pragmatic and fun loving Italians.
The 500L came with a sunroof as a standard fitting and the sales catalog bragged that “the instrument panel includes a fuel guage”. The two door body featured reclining seats and a drop down back rest to the rear seat. The twin cylinder engine featured overhead valves, aluminum cylinder heads, air cooling and developed some 18 bhp and a top speed of over 60 mph was claimed with fuel efficiency of over 45 miles to the gallon.
It can accommodate 4 passengers comfortably and yet offers more fun and enjoyment than can be imagined!
- Engine size: 497 ccm (30.33 cubic inches)
- Fuel type: Gasoline
- Seats: 4
- Drive: Rear wheel
- Transmission: Manual, 4-speedEngine and transmission
- Engine location: Rear, longitudinal
- Displacement: 497 ccm (30.33 cubic inches)
- Engine type: Inline, 2 cylinder (twin)
- Max power: 18.00 PS (13 kW or 18 HP) at 4600 Rev. per min.
- Max torque: 27.00 Nm (2.8 kgf-m or 19.9 ft.lbs) at 3200 Rev. per min.
- Compression: 9.0:1
- Bore x stroke: 67.4 x 70.0 mm (2.7 x 2.8 inches)
- Fuel system: Carburetor
- Valves per cylinder:2
- Lubrication system: Wet sump
- Gearbox: Manual, 4-speedSpeed and acceleration
- Power/weight ratio: 0.0353 PS/kg Exterior and interior
- Max no. of doors: 2
- Turn circle: 9 m (358.3 inches)
- Front tire dimensions: 125/80-R12
- Rear tire dimensions:125/80-R12
- Weight: 510 kg (1,124.4 pounds)
- Overall length: 3030 mm (119.3 inches)
- Overall width: 1330 mm (52.4 inches)
- Overall height: 1330 mm (52.4 inches)
- Ground clearance: 130 mm (5.1 inches)
- Wheelbase: 1850 mm (72.8 inches)
- Fuel capacity: 22.0 litres (5.81 gallons)
- Country of origin: Italy